Welcome to 3 Card Brag, your source for information and tips on the great British card game of the same name. Forget about Poker, Brag’s the game that’s been a staple of card players here in Britain for centuries. Yes, centuries.
Around The Site
So, what’s the 3 Card Brag skinny? If you’re new to the game then our guides will help you learn to play. Here’s what we offer.
Choose A Section
If you don’t know a prial for a pair and whether a blind man can see, then take a look at our how to play guide. If you’re new to the game it’s the ideal introduction, and could save you from going all in on a duff hand.
Want to dive in and play the game online? We feature several online gaming sites that offer 3 card brag as part of their gaming suite, including Live Dealer versions. Play for real, win for real…
Want to know what beats what, and what’s the odds on finding yourself holding a lovely prial of three threes, then our hand ranks guide will fill you in. Ideal for beginners to the game to get up to speed.
Does what it says on the tin. Information on what to be weary of when you’re betting, when to hold ’em and when to fold ’em. If you’re not sure about Brag betting, then this guide will be of instant help to you.
Brag has a nasty reputation of being the cheat’s card game of choice. Take a look at our guide of some of the most common forms of cheating, so you know what to look out for to avoid becoming a Brag chump.
With a long and rich history, and our article gives you a brief overview of the game history and origins. With roots back in the 16th century the game has plenty to interest and inform lovers of history, and a culture all of its own.
Latest Blog Posts
- World Series Of Poker Is Well UnderwayIt may not be three card brag but this year’s World Series of Poker is certainly grabbing the gambling headlines at the moment. The 2011 World Series of Poker is well underway, with eight events won, five events underway and a further 46 yet to start. However, this year’s championship is being overshadowed by the
- Playing Card NicknamesWhen playing three card brag and other popular European card games you will be using a deck of 52 cards featuring numbers 1 to 9 along with jacks, queens, kings and aces in the four suits spades, clubs, diamonds and hearts. But did you know that there are playing card nicknames that are commonly used
- Brief History Of Playing CardsWe all know that three card brag is a traditional European card game that dates back to the 16th century and it is often referred to as the predecessor to poker but it certainly isn’t the earliest example of a card game. Card games and playing cards themselves date back centuries and centuries before the
- Poker Crackdown Could Boost Three Card BragLast week the FBI and US Department of Justice turned the world of online poker on its head by seizing the domains of leading poker sites that served US players and that action will have a knock-on effect across the internet, not just at poker sites. The online poker crackdown could boost three card brag
- Three Card Brag Side BetsWhen playing three card brag, many players opt to include a side bet in their game. Three card brag side bets are additional antes or buy-ins that are added to a separate pot and paid out when a certain hand is dealt or another playing condition is met. Side bets add an extra dimension to